A few posts back I had mentioned packing up and getting ready to leave for Peru. What I’ve come to realize is that as I’m preparing for this trip I am having to repack these heartcases. Once I think that I have everything put away nice and snug, something else comes along and doesn’t fit… or meet the 50lbs mark.
It’s amazing how quickly one can forget what God has spoken so clearly. I’ve been struggling a lot today with my confidence. This raising support thing is beginning to wear on me. Not entirely, but enough to make me stop and try to redirect myself… repack my bags.
When I met with my youth pastor the other day over lunch to talk about the trip he told me something that I laughed about at the time. He said that I would probably be tested with my faith trying to raise this support. Here we aaaaaaaare!
Here’s what I am thinking today:
- I have no power over this situation.
- God has all the control.
- I have no ability to push this any faster.
- It is my human nature that desires that my trip be covered as fast as possible.
- It is very possible that God will provide at the very last minute.
- I only have to maintain my faith.
- Just do what I feel God is leading me to do and believe that He will take care of the rest.
His repeated confirmation to do this trip is undeniable. There is nothing else that I need to know. My doubts are foolish.